IS WINTER OVER YET? Apparently not here in Maine. But in my mind's eye I can envision other scenarios...ahhh..can't wait to see something besides snow!






In the meantime...
The month of February was brutal here in Maine. Arctic cold and lots of snow. The only thing good about it was the WINTER OLYMPICS. Settling in my easy chair with my favorite hook  I managed to finish this pretty mandala while watching them. The pattern is one of Zooty Owl's.  Stylecraft Classic Cotton.


Then came March! Since February we have endured THREE nor'easters. A fourth may be on it's way. And the month is only half over. UnbeLIEVable! I have buckled down to more hooking. I moved on to another of Zooty Owl's patterns...this one asymmetric. Didn't notice until I was almost finished. 😯



Brrrr, it's cold outside!

The snow may be piling up outside but Mom and I are cozy inside. Since arriving here on the Island about a month ago I have steadily been hooking away while watching afternoon game shows with her. A little pile of hooky color has appeared on my sewing table. I was hoping to be able to leave on Sunday but with another storm coming on Tuesday I think I should sit tight and hook on. Mom gets very nervous left alone to weather a nor'easter on her own. Being so close to the ocean they can get very fierce. This house has been sitting on this spot for well over a hundred years but at the least she is afraid the windows will blow out. I, On the other hand, love a good storm!




Ever surfing the Net for crochet blogs and patterns I came across Janie Crowe. Her pattern PERSIAN TILES is so intriguing to many crocheters. There are websites devoted solely to this pattern but in a different color scheme. I decided to buy the pattern from Jane but follow LUCIA'S FIG TREE color scheme,  EASTERN JEWELS. I ordered the yarn pack and brought it with me to Mom's. I've completed the first block. It's turned out okay but...the gauge is off by over an inch. Evidently I hook much tighter then Jane. It was a bit disappointing and I haven't gone any further. I probably will though. As long as the blocks are all the same size I guess it won't matter. 

Aside from the WAVES blanket (Attic24) WIP, this picture represents a compilation of my Winter finishes. Well, they all need to be blocked yet.




💞

Comments

  1. I came in here from a link on my blog and was so excited to discover another crocheter! I was confused a moment when I read about the Winter Olympics, but then checked out the date and see that it's a year after this post was written than I am here. Oh, I hope you come back to blogging about crocheting. You are a maker of beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky! Thanks for visiting! I am afraid that I have neglected this blog in favor of my other blog: THROUGH MY KITCHEN WINDOW or susanzarzycki.blogspot.com. I do still crochet but haven't photographed anything lately. I give a lot away, especially doilies to family. Right now I am making dresses for my mother and a quilt for my granddaughter. xx

      Delete
  2. beautiful handmade...
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, please visit my other blog: THROUGH MY KITCHEN WINDOW.

      Delete
  3. Susan, I have enjoyed your photos on your other blog. Thanks for commenting on my blog. It is hard for me to see now, and I can't read the words on the blue background, but I wanted you to know I enjoyed the pictures. I wish you a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW IT ALL STARTED