YUM-YUM CROCHET


 It's been a long time since I posted but it's been a long time since I have done any serious hooking. I have had lots of free time but I spend most of it reading and cybering. Lots of cold, snow and bleakness this winter. 
 I also head up to Maine to take care of my 90 year old mother. My dad passed away in July and she has been having difficulties dealing her loss of her best friend for over 70 years. She also doesn't like to stay alone but she has her cat and she has me, lol. I live in Pennsylvania so it's a long trek to go back and forth. 







Anyway, I have enjoyed being at home. I made this mandala. a pattern of zootyowl's. I love her blog. I also have another blog: susanzarzycki.blogspot.com. 

I also started Mandala Madness by Helen Shrimpton.







I'm not very far into it. It has 17 parts of it and each part has several rows. In this picture I have completed part one and I am halfway through part two. It's teaching me new some new stitches and I have watched Helen on UTUBE do a folded single crochet which I just love how it gives a 3 dimensional look to the piece. 

Another designer that I have discovered lately is Janie Crowfoot. I sent to England and bought her pattern Persian Tiles. I have also just sent for the yarn pack to go with the jewel tiles color version. It will be another long project and I will have to finish the two that I have on the go now. Her other pattern that I think I will do in a sock weight yarn is called Fields of Gold. No yarn pack for that so I will have to find these colors pretty colors


This picture is sideways! Oh, well, you get the idea. It's an Attic24 pattern of Lucy's. I am about half way through it and I would be further along but Zeppe, our fur baby likes to sleep on it and I don't have the heart to move him. 


  I bought some interesting yarn a while ago and made myself a scrubby. I really like it and it does a good job on those dishes and pots that you just need a gentle scrub and nothing that will leave scratches.  I'm thinking about making up some more to have on hand for whatever comes up in the future, myself, a little gift, etc.

 So I guess that's it for now fellow hookers. Have a great day.

Comments

  1. I love your mandalas and your cat is so handsome! Nice to meet you! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just recently learned to crochet, i also love to knit. work work here is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW IT ALL STARTED